Immediately following the elections, J. Lee Grady, an editor with Charisma Magazine, wrote a column encouraging Christians to pray for President-elect Obama. Grady made it no secret that he supported McCain. Still, he wrote "when I got up this morning, I turned all my attention to the fact that Jesus Christ is still on the throne." Grady has called for all Christians, regardless of political affiliation to pray for President-elect Obama. Some of his key points are below:
1. Pray for Obama’s protection.
2. Cover his wife and daughters in prayer.
3. Pray that Obama will govern with God’s wisdom.
4. Ask God to keep our president humble.
5. Pray for wise and righteous advisers to surround him.
6. Ask for the spirit of reconciliation.
7. Pray that Obama will adopt pro-life convictions.
8. Bind all evil forces assigned to manipulate our president.
9. Pray that Obama’s door will remain open to the church.
10. Pray that our nation will enjoy God’s peace and blessing during the Obama administration.
You can find Grady's article here in its entirety: 10 Ways to Pray for Barack Obama. See also Dr. Del Tackett's post entitled A New Day: Praying for the President-Elect.
On that note, we should also continue to pray for President Bush. 1 Tim. 2:1-2.
Enough of the political commentary and back to more exciting discussions.
C.S. Lewis Quote
4 years ago