Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Religion and the White House

This is really a difficult topic to address. Also, I do not want to use this page to address my political views. Still, President Bush has recently made comments that will certainly generate controversy in the evangelical community. See Bush Says Creation Not Incompatible With Evolution. Perhaps his position on faith will be less diplomatic when he leaves the White House, but the following will raise a few eyebrows:


WASHINGTON -- President George W. Bush said his belief that God created the world is not incompatible with the scientific theory of evolution.

Asked about creation and evolution, Bush said: "I think you can have both. I think evolution can -- you're getting me way out of my lane here. I'm just a simple president. But it's, I think that God created the earth, created the world; I think the creation of the world is so mysterious it requires something as large as an almighty and I don't think it's incompatible with the scientific proof that there is evolution."

The president also said that he prays to the same God as those with different religious beliefs.

John MacArthur recently aired a series on whether evolution is compatible with Christianity, which differs from the President's position. He also wrote about this subject in a book entitled, The Battle for the Beginning.

In response to the universalistic statement, Jesus said, I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6. The Bible also says, He who has the Son has life. He he does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1 John 5:12.

No comments: