Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dan Shock: Brought Close to Death That He Might Live

The following comes from CBMC's website. It is about my friend Dan Shock who recovered from a horrible auto accident three and a half years ago. Since I've witnessed Dan's healing process, it is hard not to get emotional while watching this story. This is an example of CBMC's vision being lived out: 1) the Power of One God; 2) the Value of One Man; and 3) the Leverage of One Team.


Dan Shock Video from Dan Shock on Vimeo.

.



Daniel Shock, who is the chairman for the upcoming 2010 and 2011 Tampa Bay Leadership Prayer Breakfasts in Tampa Bay, Florida, was hit by a car three years
ago and believed he was going to die. Today, he says, "The Lord has certainly demonstrated His might, love , grace and healing in my life. Praise the Lord!"

The Lord has really turned his life around and used our brother in CBMC to build the kingdom. "I have grown tremendously through Operation Timothy," Dan says. "Most of all, my relationship with Jesus Christ has deepened through my CBMC group of men."

Through leadership training by Patrick O'Neal, the CBMC teams in Dan's area have been working together in different ways. Leader Tom Behrens tells us they are going through The Truth Project in 2-3 YMCAs, working with a YMCA chaplain to put the "Christian" back into the Young Men's Christian Association.

2 comments:

Brandon Pyc said...

Thank you for sharing this emotional life changing experience with us Dan. This is one of the most powerful and inspirational testimonies I have ever witnessed. Your strength in the Lord gave you the power to conquer death. As you stated, "Trust in Him!"

"For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me." (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

Yours In Christ,
Brandon Pyc

Rich Bradford said...

Thanks for the comment, Brandon. Dan will speak at the Christian Business Connections Breakfast on June 4, at Bell Shoals Baptist Church in Brandon if you are able to make it. Information is here: www.christianbusinessconnections.com