Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Million Dollar Question for those who say "No God"

On Tuesday, the hottest topic on Twitter was "No God." This started when Reverend Run fomerly of the Rap Group Run DMC, posted the phrase "Know God, Know Peace . . . No God, No Peace." It did not take long for the atheists to take over and start posting their opinions on no God. In response, I am providing the following message from Living Waters and Way of the Master. This appears on their popular Million Dollar Bill.


The million dollar question: Will you go to Heaven? Here's a quick test. Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything, or used God's name in vain? Jesus said,"Whoever looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery already with her in his heart." Have you looked with lust?

Will you be guilty on Judgment Day? If you have done those things God sees you as a lying, thieving,blasphemous, adulterer at heart. The Bible warns that if you are guilty you will end up in Hell.

That's not God's will. He sent His Son to suffer and die on the cross for you. Jesus took your punishment upon Himself -"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." Then He rose from the dead and defeated death.

Please, repent (turn from sin) today and trust in Jesus, and God will grant you everlasting life. Then read your Bible daily and obey it.

Pray something like this: "Dear God, today I turn away from all of my sins (name them). This day I put my trust in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. He is the only way for me to be saved. He is 'The way, the truth, and the life.'" Pleaseforgive me, change my heart, and grant me Your gift of everlasting life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen."

2 comments:

AngryAtheist said...

That argument is meaningless to someone that doesn't believe in a god.

I think a common misconception about atheists is that we are just angry at the Christian god.

Your argument is no more valid than an argument for believing in Zeus, Thor, Allah, or any of the other 4000 religions.

Rich Bradford said...

I arrived from Church not too long ago. This morning I heard a great message entitled Our King is Here. That was the follow up to last week's message, Our King is Coming, and the message which concludes next week entitled,Our King is Coming Again.

I am not smart enough to offer you an apologetic that addresses Zeus, Thor, Allah, Buddha, etc. I can point you to Norman Geisler's "When Skeptics Ask," or I can point you to Josh McDowell's, "Evidence that Demands a Verdict," or I can point you to a number of Lee Strobel or C.S. Lewis books.

Do not get me wrong. I think apologetics are useful. By the fact that I rattled off those books, show that I've spent time investigating the subject. Still, I am sure that other Christians, have addressed the subject matter with you. I do not think I can feed you any information that you haven't heard before.

What I can tell you is that Jesus is real. There is ample history indicating that he is real. It is only within the last half century that anyone would deny his existence.

With respect to other religions, I would point you to the Tower of Babel. I am just a simple attorney in Valrico, Florida. But, it is my humble opinion that the Tower of Babel is the source of all man made religion. Zeus, Thor, Allah, and every other religion on this planet is what can I do for god. If my good deeds outweigh my bad deeds, then I should be good to go.

God's way is different. God says no matter what we do, we are not good enough. We are too prideful and it is hard for you and I to admit that we are wrong. (I also think that many self-righteous Christians suffer from the same problem).

It is when we recognize that we are not good enough, that God comes to us and says I will provide a way out, if you will receive me. John 1:12 says to those who received him (Jesus) to those who believed in his name, he gives the right to become children of God.

In the book of Acts, you have the story of how God, through Peter and John, healed a man who had been crippled for life. The religious people (perhaps no different than intelligent religious people of today) of that day were furious. They tried to shut up Peter and John. Their reply was "there is no other name (Jesus) under heaven given to man, by which we must be saved."

Religious and secular people like to keep Jesus in the manger, where he can't harm anyone. Jesus is so much bigger than that.

With all that you know about Jesus, the relevant question is what will you do about him. I take you back to the Million Dollar Bill, which you confessed to have reading. I encourage you to go back to the Gospel of John. Don't simply read it. Study it. After studying John, my question is what will you do about Jesus Christ.

My prayer is that you would repent and put your trust in him. Many Christmas blessings to you.