Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Prayers for Children in Haiti








From Pastor Cindy Ackerman:
As you know, a devastating 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck Haiti. The epicenter was only 10 miles southwest of Port-Au-Prince. The Ambassadors of Jesus Children's Home and Church is located about 2 miles north of the international airport in what we would consider to be suburban Port-Au-Prince. As of this moment, we have been unable to reach Pastor Lucien or anyone else in the orphanage or church. However, our Lord Jesus Christ is fully aware of what is happening. Your prayers are critical at this time. If you are not in a group that is meeting tonight, (Men Who Want More, Ladies Leadership, Girlfriends in God or Youth) please join Pastor Ken in the worship center at 7:00 pm for prayer. The groups who are meeting will also be praying for Haiti.

Ambassadors of Jesus is our sister church, and I can personally assure you that they regularly pray for us. Now it is our great privilege and honor to pray for them. I look forward to the testimonies of God's great power, mercy and love!



From Pastor Ken Ackerman:

Dear Brothers and Sisters of South Brandon ,

I am sure you are aware of the tragedy that occurred in Port au Prince, Haiti . I have wept over the horribleness of all this. The suffering is more than I can imagine. I still hold on by faith and know that the Lord loves these people even more than we do. Please join with me tonight at 7 p.m. in the Worship Center to pray for Haiti and the orphanage that we support there. For those of you who are already meeting tonight, please include them in your prayers. I have attached a prayer outline for all of us to pray.

I have not been able to get through to Pastor Lucien to asses the possible damage to the orphanage, but I am sure this area of Port au Prince was affected gravely. The Lord reminded me that our relationship goes much further than just the orphanage, and I am recalling and praying for many people that I have come to know and love throughout the country.

I am asking you all to come to action now.

Please start praying for all the Haitian people affected.

Ask the Lord to have good come out of this tragedy. Pray that the world's awareness of Haiti 's needs will come into more light now. In the name of Jesus, I am asking for all countries of the world to respond to Haiti .

Please pray about giving to our Haitian relief fund that starts on Sunday. Your checks can be made to SBWC – please indicate “For Haiti ” in the memo section.

Pray that the food I shipped on Monday arrived by Tuesday before the quake.

I will keep you informed as I get more information.

Lord, please help our people!, PLEASE PROTECT THE CHILDREN

In His Name,
Pastor Ken
Luke 4:18

Prayer Guide for Haiti

The Ambassadors of Jesus Ministry , led by Apostle Lucien Almanord is closely united with South Brandon Worship Center . We are spiritual partners in the advancement of the Kingdom of God . Pastor Lucien has been in our pulpit many times, and many of our members have been to Haiti on a variety of mission adventures. Pastors Ken and Chuck have preached in Pastor Lucien’s church. Our bond is a strong one. It is our duty, privilege and great honor to intercede for them in this time of great need and devastation in Haiti . This morning as I was praying, I began to sing and weep over the nation as the images of the crushed and broken buildings came to mind. In my worship time, I declared God’s faithfulness, mercy and love to the nation of Haiti and especially the children and workers of the Ambassadors of Jesus. So as you pray ask the Lord for:

1. Mercy and compassion. Lamentations 3:22-24

2. Aid and assistance from the Church and the nations. Isaiah 58:6-12 and Isaiah60.

3. Salvation and cleansing of the people and the land. Romans 8:28, 2 Corinthians 6:2 and 2 Chronicles 7:14

4. Healing and Deliverance. 2 Timothy 1:7 Ephesians 6:10-18

5. Faith and Hope. Matthew 17:20, Mark 10:27,Psalm 33: 18-22 , Psalm 126, Psalm 34 and 1 Thess. 5:8-11

6. An Army of Intercessors: Luke 18:1-8

4 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Thank you so much for this page.. we needed this... God Bless you Rich for putting this out!

Derek Maul said...

Thanks for your positive comments at "A Life Examined." Short answer - the reason I manage to post so often is the posting itself is a devotional exercise - it actually enhances my productivity later in the day to spend that time getting my thoughts together. Blessings - DEREK MAUL

AngryAtheist said...

I find that it would be difficult during these times for me to be a Christian. To think that God controls the earth and can stop this suffering, and he doesn't, would make me question the morality of God.

Rich Bradford said...

Welcome back Angry Atheist. Given your worldview, today, it is impossible for you to understand God's hand in this matter. Perhaps a day will come where everything will make sense, but given your view of the world, I do not see that happening anytime soon.

I can tell you two things: 1) God is sovereign; 2) God is good.

Will God end suffering? Yes he will. He may not do it in a way that you or I would like, but suffering will end. You have already told me you read the book. Read it again.

I cannot give you an exhaustive study, but Romans 8 immediately comes to mind, the entire book of Job, and the last 2 or 3 chapters of Revelation are relevant to your questions/anger. I would also recommend you taking a look at Gen. 3 and Luke 13:1-5.

Still, in reading this, I don't expect you to understand without knowing Jesus. To be fair to you, some Christians are asking the same questions as you.

Here is a thought. In this life, we were never promised a utopia. Although, some will tell you that is what we will have. I have not seen it in scripture. This life is hard. Still, the suffering of the present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. Rom. 8:18.