Wednesday, February 3, 2010

No Void Returns




Almost four years ago, I met with two others on a monthly basis to coordinate a Business Leaders’ Luncheon to be held in conjunction with the 2007 Luis Palau Festival in Tampa. We met for breakfast at the same restaurant and usually had the same server. During one of our earlier meetings, I had handed a server a Gospel of John that is distributed through the Pocket Testament League. Since our last meeting, in February 2007, I do not recall returning to that restaurant, but my friend Hal would drop in from time to time. This morning Hal told me that the same server is still there. I was surprised and encouraged when he told me that she frequently asks him how I am doing. That small gesture from nearly four years ago certainly made a lasting impression.

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Is. 55:11

No comments: