Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Communion on the Moon










I attended the USMA from 1982 until graduation in 1986. During my upper class years, I was in the Company G-1 where I have many fond memories. A comment on Facebook caused me to see what I can find regarding the history of Company G-1. Among other things, I found out that Col. Buzz Aldrin was assigned to that great company. The following excerpt was shared by Col. Aldrin, with his classmates from G-1, 1951.

Communion on the moon! "In the radio blackout, I opened the little plastic packages which contained the bread and the wine. I poured the wine into the chalice our church had given me.

(Full story continues here)


I've heard the story before, but it is good to read Col. Aldrin's version of the events. I have to say, after reading the page, I have a great deal of respect for him and the other G-1 graduates in his class. Go Greeks!





No comments: