Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wisdom From My 17-Year Old Nephew - Abortion

My 17-year old nephew, Benjamin McKnight III, is not afraid to tackle tough subjects.  Even if what he has to say will draw fire from his classmates.  Still, I recognize that he has more than 300 followers on his blog.  He must be doing something right.  Check out what Ben (when he was younger we said Bennie) had to say about abortion.  By the way, I think the most heated debate I had in high school involved the Cowboys and Eagles.
My Thoughts on Abortion
     Recently, one of my Facebook friends put up a status saying, “‘abortion doesn’t make you unpregnant, it makes you the parent of a dead baby.’ pro-life.” Another Facebook friend saw this status, and responded with her own status, which said “it literally sends a pain in my stomach when ANYONE trash talks girls who get abortions. you have no idea what you’re talking about.” That status became the beginning of a four hour, 295 comment discussion between 14 different people, myself included. There were opinions voiced, heated back and forth discussions, and, thanks to one immature girl, some threats. However, I don’t think that I got my point across as well as I could have. Therefore, here is my full, unsolicited opinion on Abortion.

Rest of Story is Continued Here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your nephew is very eloquent with his words... that's why he has 300+ subscribers. :)