Friday, June 15, 2012

First United Church of Oprah



I saw this on someone's Facebook page. He wrote it's funny because it's true. Obviously, this is a skit. But for many Americans, this is what we are looking for in our churches. Actually, this is what we get from the programs that we watch and the different forms of self-help activities that we pursue. I suppose now is a good time to quote 2 Tim. 4:3-4, which reads

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires; and will turn away their ears from the truth and turn aside to myths.

2 comments:

Dakota said...

Hey, I just came across your blog by doing a bit of blog-surfing and I'm glad I did! I've added myself as your newest follower, and I hope you'll check out my Christian devotional site as well.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
Dakota - A Look at Life from a Deerstand

Rich Bradford said...

Thanks for dropping by and following, Dakota! Heading over to take a look at your blog! Many blessings to you!!